IMPROVE YOUR CYCLING SKILLS
Want to hone your skills on the bike, including bike handling skills, group ride etiquette, and more? We’re here to help.
What We Offer
Joe Brown and Julie Muyllaert, co-owners of Methow Cycle & Sport, offer individual and small group coaching for mountain bike and all-road skill building. We’re also happy to lead guided rides for your club, organization, or group of cycling friends.
Joe is a certified PMBIA coach with many years of competitive cycling under his belt. Julie is a cycling advocate, and also has extensive experience as a commuter and recreational cyclist.
all abilities / one-on-one or bring some friends / ages 8+
$65/hour + each additional student $30/hour
- One-on-one instruction is the quickest way to reach your riding goals
- Select specific skills that you want to master or leave it to us to plan the lesson after a quick consultation and assessment
- Two hour minimum. Recommended 3-4, depending on lesson goals
- Do you have a few friends with the same riding goals? Bring them along too so you can practice and do homework together (max 3 students)
Small Group Lesson
all ability levels / 4-7 students / 4+ hours / one & two day options
$55/hour + each additional student $25/hour
- Perfect for teams, clubs, and groups of friends who want to grow their riding together
- Have more than 7 people? No problem! We can accommodate that too with a bit more planning - just let us know what you need
- Options are virtually endless but we recommend a minimum 6 hours for 6+ students
you just want to ride / explore North Cascades
$60/hour for groups up to 4
The Methow Valley contains a dazzling array of single track mountain bike trails covering a variety of terrain. There is something here for everybody and we love to share it with you. Let us show you the way and help you make lasting memories of your visit here.
No bike? We also rent bikes.
Please inquire about pricing for groups larger than 4 riders.
“SEE YOU SOON”
Methow Cycle & Sport is involved in school bike programs, kid’s bike rodeos, charity rides, cycling clubs, trail development and were instrumental in helping to start the Evergreen Bike Alliance – Methow Chapter. We believe cycling is an important part of a healthy community so you will also see us teaming up with the Winthrop Chamber of Commerce, Winthrop Planning Commission, Methow Recycles, and Methow Valley Long-Term Recovery.
We hope to see you on the trails but we also look forward to working with our local organizations to help create a friendly and sturdy Methow Valley.