Conditions Updated 6/2/17

Sun Mountain

A nicely climbing ride to start your season with beautiful sweeping vistas at top. From town, a quick 3 mile jaunt up Twin Lakes Rd. to Patterson Lake Rd. From there, about 6 miles uphill gets you to the Lodge and views.

Chewuch Loop

An easy 14 mile loop connecting East and West Chewuch Roads looking down at the beautiful Chewuch River. On the west side, for a longer option, continue past bridge on West Chewuch Rd. Currently the road is free of snow to Camp 4. When the snow is gone, continue on Road 151 to Andrews Creek for a 50 mile roundtrip.

Washington Pass

The North Cascades Highway is now open. This is a fairly strenuous climb that is well worth the effort for the outstanding views and epic descent. 65 miles roundtrip from Winthrop or 30 miles roundtrip from Mazama.


Winthrop South to Twisp + Carlton

Enjoy some lightly traveled side roads that parallel Hwy 20 south. Take East County Road south of Winthrop 9 miles to Twisp. Take the Twisp-Carlton Road 10 miles further south to Carlton.

Twisp River Road

Snow has been cleared to mile 11-12. Head up the gently climbing Twisp River Road for 14 miles to pavement end past agricultural farms, open fields and forests, all with spectacular views of the Twisp River and surrounding mountains.


Tour de Okanogan

Currently, Hwy 20 Loup Loup Pass is closed due to washouts and road damage. Crews working every day except Sunday. For now, the public is not allowed into the highway work zone as it is simply not safe. Tough climbs, breathtaking decents and great terrain for riding this 105 mile loop. From Winthrop, take East County Road to Twisp, follow Hwy 20 over Loup Loup Pass and descend toward Malott. Take a right on the B&O Road through Malott toward Old Hwy 97. Take a right and ride until Old Hwy 97 meets Hwy 97, keep going until Pateros. Cross the Methow River and turn right up Hwy 153. Stay on Hwy 153 until you can take side roads: Gold Creek Loop, Twisp-Carlton Rd, East County Rd. Not feeling quite up to the whole ride? Use the new Okanogan County TranGO bus service to shorten the ride.