Stache AL Frameset is built with our lightweight and trail-tough Alpha Platinum Aluminum. This trail hardtail frameset is designed for fun-loving 29+ tires, with massive tire clearance, an elevated midstay, and Stranglehold Dropouts that make it easy to fine-tune your geometry or turn it into a singlespeed mountain bike.
It's right for you if...
Your attitude is that mountain biking should be, above all else, a ridiculous amount of fun. You want a base for your build that matches your fun-loving approach to the trail, with the versatility to run a full drivetrain or a singlespeed setup.
The tech you get
A trail-tough Alpha Platinum Aluminum frameset with super-short chainstays that give you the ability to pop off jumps and toss the bike around corners. Stache AL Frameset includes Stranglehold Dropouts so you can fine-tune your geometry or run singlespeed. It has internal derailleur and dropper post routing, a PF92 bottom bracket, a headset, and is designed for disc brakes and Boost148 29+ wheels.
The final word
Stache AL Frameset is the first step to more fun on the trail. The short chainstays deliver a lively ride and quick acceleration. Build it up with 29+ mid-fat tires for relentless traction.
Why you'll love it
- Stache is super versatile and equally at home on multi-day bikepacking trips as it is on rough singletrack
- The super-short chainstays make it really easy to show off your wheelie skills
- We're not the only ones who love it: DirtRag says, "[Stache] is the most fun bike I rode this year, and fun is where it's at."
Advanced frame tech
- Stache is surprisingly nimble thanks to extra-short 420mm chainstays. The elevated mid-stay makes room for the extra-big tires while Stranglehold dropouts allow you to fine-tune your wheelbase length.
- 29+ is a wider 3" tire that grips relentlessly while floating over terrain. Yet it delivers all the 29er benefits you know and love, like greater momentum and improved rollover.
|Frame||Alpha Platinum Aluminum, tapered head tube, internal derailleur & dropper post routing, elevated midstay, Stranglehold dropouts, Boost148|
|Headset||FSA IS-2, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom|
* Subject to change without notice.