A winter weekend dedicated to celebrating the history of trails and nordic skiing in the Methow Valley. Join us for a come-one-come-all Community Loppet with food, fun and festivities along the 30km Methow Community Trail. The untimed 10K Loppet is free and open to everyone.
Saturday, January 20: Community Loppet and Pursuit (Day 1)
- 8:00am, Racer bus shuttle from Town Trailhead to Mazama
- 8:00am-9:00am, Late registration and packet pick-up, Mazama Trailhead.
- 9:30am Mass start of the Methow Community Trail Loppet & Pursuit (Day 1)
Sunday, January 21: Pursuit (Day 2) or Citizen Tour
- 8:00am, Bus shuttle from Mazama Trailhead to Cub Creek.
- 8:30-9:30am, Packet/bib pick-up, Cub Creek Trailhead.
- 9:30am Interval start for "Pursuit" traditional (classic) and freestyle (skate) racers, based on Day-1 result. Startline at Cub Creek Trailhead.
- 10:00am Mass start for citizen racers, skate and classic.
- 11:30-1:30 Food and gathering space at Mazama Community Center near finishline. Awards at ~1:00pm.
The Community Loppet welcomes skiers of all types (30km or 10km, skate or classic) and abilities, and is a celebration of community, skiing and the history of trails in the Methow Valley. The un-timed 10K Loppet is free and open to all! Linger at festive aid stations along the trail, with fireside food and community.
The AMS 2-Day Pursuit course will be a journey! ~30k of skate skiing down the Methow Community Trail from Mazama to Winthrop (Day 1) and ~30k of classic (traditional catagory), or skate (freestyle catagory) skiing over Rendezvous Pass from Cub Creek to Mazama (Day 2). Recommended for intermediate to advanced skiers. One-day Citizen racers (skate or classic) welcome.